Tuesday, July 14, 2015

What's in a (Changed) Name?

So my gaming blogs have transitioned a lot as I've changed armies and hosted my comments about 40k on my other blogs. For a (long) while I was focused on Eldar, and had Doom of the Eldar as my blog:

 So pretty. So many points. And such a pain to paint. 

Then I decided to stray from the Eldar and start a Space Wolves force, using the Great Company of Gunnar Red Moon as my inspiration.

I do love the deadly Space Puppies. 

Then I got pretty heavy into Warhammer Fantasy, and made a massive blog of those endeavors. As my interest returned to 40k, I started just keeping my notes about my 40k games on that Warhammer blog: Mousillon Expedition. In addition to playing my Eldar some, I started a Necrons army but started blogging about it there:

With the silly blue Skaven watermark from the fantasy blog... /sigh

Then I switched from the fantasy blog to the Red Moon's blog for the Necrons, naming it the C'tan's Shard:

Man, I nailed that paint job. 

Yet Necrons were just not my thing. I tried (and tried and tried... see the older posts). I just didn't have the brain for Necrons. And while I loved the color scheme I did, repetition and I don't work very well together. I need variation in a project, and variety in the army. 

So I converted all the older blog posts of the Space Wolves project (and the Sanctus Reach campaign I ran), as well as spliced in all my current stuff about the Necrons and Crusade of Fire campaign that I am running, to make all my 40k gaming be in one spot. I'm also doing it because I don't want to lose the good history of battle reports I've written for the Eldar, the Space Wolves, and the Necrons--even though both armies are moving on to other hands. I had friends procure the Space Wolves, the Eldar took a journey through eBay, and the Necrons are around but definitely on a potential chopping. The older posts on this blog will retain the wrong blog watermarks, which will lead to my Warhammer Fantasy blog or to the Warp for the ones that are renamed/deactivated. But I wanted to retain the fun older stuff so here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment